Subject: Re: LW Amiga Compiler? (fwd)
From: Joe Angell <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 02:30:10 -0700

Sometihng you all (well, at least all of us with Amigas) may find 
interesting...  I posted the informatino on the StormC compiler to 
Stuart, so they now know about it.

-- Joe

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 12:07:17 -0700
From: Stuart Ferguson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: LW Amiga Compiler?

re: Amiga compiler

We hit a brick wall with Manx about 2 years ago and "upgraded" to SAS.
While the environment and tools were better, the optomizer generated bad
code.  I was able to work around a lot of it in Modeler with special
SAS-specific code, but Allen found that too difficult for his code and
was forced to compile without optomization on several key modules.  This
was with SAS/C 6.51.  I recently applied the patches to bring my version
up to 6.56, but when I tried the optomizer I found there were still bugs,
different and more insidious than the ones I had worked around.  So I
backed out to 6.51 and told Allen not to bother.  Amiga LW 5.0 is
compiled with SAS/C 6.51 with selective optomizations like 4.0.

Where can I write for more info on StormC?  Anyone using it?

	- Stuart